vanilla mango ice cream cake
Marvellous mango... with a touch of vanilla
- 2 cups cashew nuts, soaked 3-4 hours
- 250 ml (1 carton) Oatly cream
- 6tbsp/90ml Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 mango
- 3 tbsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- Blend everything together in a high speed blender until very smooth.
- Pour over the base and smooth the top.
- Freeze until solid.
- Purée together the mango and Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP.
- When the cake is frozen remove from the tin and put on your serving plate.
- Spread a layer of the mango purée over the top and garnish with mango roses and edible flowers.
- You may not need all of the topping.
- You can either eat now or return to the freezer until needed.
- You will need to let it defrost for about 15 mins before cutting.
- It is a good idea to slice the whole cake and then you can return individual slices to the freezer if you have any left over.
Thank you Mairi @gingervegan for this delicious recipe.