lemon and poppy seed cake
utterly divine lemon and poppy seed cake made with our very own Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP
- 150g plain gluten free flour
- 150g ground almonds
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 50g coconut oil
- 150ml plant based milk
- 125ml Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP
- 100ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp poppy seeds
- zest of 2 unwaxed lemons
- plant based yoghurt
- a handful of poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 180C (350 F)
- Mix together flour, almonds, baking powder and baking soda.
- Combine the oil, milk, LIGHT SYRUP, lemon juice and vanilla in a separate bowl (make sure all wet ingredients are at room temp so the oil doesn't solidify).
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients along with poppy seeds and lemon zest.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from tin and leave to cool.
- Mix together the yoghurt and poppy seeds and pour over the top.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @kitseats