simple & delicious gingerbread waffles – vegan & gluten free!
- 200g oat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch each of nutmeg & ground clove
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom GINGERBREAD SYRUP
- 300ml soy milk
- 200ml water
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, including the spices and stir to combine.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the GINGERBREAD SYRUP and plant milk. Stir until combined and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Pour 200ml water into the mix and blend to combine.
- Carefully grease your waffle iron and pour the waffle batter in, leaving about 1 inch on the outer edge as the waffles will expand.
- Cook until the waffle only lightly steams, then carefully open and remove.
- Top with fresh fruit, dairy free ice cream and a heavenly drizzle of GINGERBREAD SYRUP 😍
Thanks for this lovely recipe @romylondonuk!