Super simple and delicious flapjacks to keep the hungry beast in every rumbly tum happy
- 200g Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- 70g vegan butter
- 45g virgin coconut oil
- 225g rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a shallow oblong tin (approx 18cm x 25cm / 7" x 10") with baking parchment.
- Place the Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP, butter and coconut oil in a large pan. Gently heat, stirring occasionally until the butter has melted. Stir in the oats.
- Tip the mixture into the tin and press down with the back of a fork or spoon.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until the outside edges are golden brown.
- Leave to cool before cutting into squares. Tip - if you chill the cooked flapjack it is easier to cut into neat pieces.
This recipe is courtesy of Suzie Banks, food writer - www.essentiallyhealthyfood.com.