chocolate, banana and peanut butter baked oats
brekkie or healthy snack
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana (optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a 7 x 9 inch (18 x 24 cm) baking tray with parchment, covering the base and sides.
- In a small dish or cup mix the ground flax seeds with 3 tbsp cold water and set aside.
- Peel 2 ripe bananas, break into chunks and put in a large bowl. Mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Add the peanut butter and Sweet Freedom CHOC SHOT and whisk everything together.
- Whisk in the flax and water, nut milk and vanilla essence.
- Add the oats, baking powder and cinnamon and stir until well mixed.
Pour into the prepared baking tray then top with optional sliced banana if using.
- Bake for 45 minutes until risen and set.
- Serve immediately or allow to cool completely in the tin before cutting into bars.
- Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or freeze in cut portions.
Thank you Sam and Phil @thecookandhim for a delicious recipe.