carrot cake cookies
packing all the punchy flavours of a carrot cake, these tasty cookies are perfect on the go
- 160g oats
- 30g vegan protein powder
- 45g buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 40g unsweetened apple sauce / puree
- 40g Sweet Freedom LIGHT SYRUP
- 50g carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds
- Preheat your oven to 170C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, protein powder, buckwheat flour, spices, baking soda and a pinch of salt (optional). Mix well.
- Stir in the apple sauce and LIGHT SYRUP until fully incorporated, then fold in the shredded carrots and seed mix.
- Take 1 tablespoon of batter and (with wet hands as sticky) roll into a ball. Place onto the cookie sheet and press down.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies are slightly springy to the touch and the dough is no longer sticky.
- Allow the cookies to cool slightly (about 10 minutes), then transfer them to a wire rack to continue cooling. Delicious served with plant-based yogurt.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @cleanleanbakes!