carrot cake caramel pancakes
super wholesome pancakes with a ‘better for you’ twist
- 120g your choice of flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 240g plant-based milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sweet Freedom CARAMEL SYRUP (plus extra for drizzling)
- 110g shredded carrot
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Coconut yoghurt for topping (optional)
- Mix flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the plant based milk, apple cider vinegar and CARAMEL SYRUP and mix until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to flour mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add shredded carrot and mix one more time.
- Add a little oil to a frying pan on a medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup of the mixture at a time to make each pancake.
- Once pancake starts to bubble, flip and cook the other side for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Repeat with all the batter.
- Top with coconut yoghurt, chopped walnuts (optional) and drizzle with CARAMEL SYRUP.
Thanks for this lovely recipe @thefitstich