baked apples with nuts & seeds
The lovely Barbara Cox, super nutritionist, sent us this delicious recipe - thanks Barbara we LOVE it
- 4 Apples (1 apple per person)
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 tsp Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Core each apple through the centre to make a "well" to pour in the seed and nut mixture.
- Mix the Sweet Freedom FRUIT SYRUP, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts.
- Stand the apples side by side on a baking tray and pour the mixture evenly into each apple.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes until apples are soft.
Recipe courtesy of Barbara Cox, nutritionist and health writer - www.bcnutrition.co.uk